If you want to indulge in a hefty deli-style sandwich, you’ve come to the right place. I bring you the Double-Deck Vegan BLT!
Yes, folks… you want a sandwich? You’ve got a sandwich right here… and this is a 1K calorie sandwich, so when I say it’s hefty, it’s downright HEFTY!
I personally can’t finish the entire thing in one sitting, so I save the other half for the next meal. And it’s just a large sandwich with two large slices of sourdough bread, stacked one on top of the other, hence… double-decker.
- Serving Size – 2 servings – 17.22 oz
- Calories – 1,004 kcal
- Macros – Carbs: 123.4 grams, Protein: 29.0 grams, Fats: 44.9 grams
- Key Nutrients – B Vitamins, Folate, Vitamins A,C,E,K, Iron, Selenium
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Sodium: 2,038.6 mg
- 2 Large Slices – Sourdough Bread
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 Tbsp – Vegenaise
- 2 oz – Alfalfa, Broccoli or Clover Sprouts
- 3 slices – Onion, white, red or yellow
- 2 slices – Tomato
- 2 Strips – Smart Bacon
- 2 Slices – Violife Cheese or similar
- Lay large sourdough slices on a plate.
- Spread avocado on one slice and vegenaise on the other.
- On the avocado side place the sprouts.
- On the vegenaise side place the onion slices.
- Put the cheese slices on top of the onion.
- Then put the tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Put the smart bacon on top of the tomato.
- Carefully merge the two parts to form a large sandwich.
- Cut the sandwich in half, then stack one on top of the other.
- It’s ready to serve!